Notes for KWLUG December 2015: GNUSocial
Bob Jonkman presented on GNUSocial at the KWLUG on December 7 2015 meeting. These are some of my notes from the night, mostly on topic:
- during the intro Jeff mentioned that Let's Encrypt has gone into beta and he installed it on some of his own servers
- GNUSocial is implementing various OStatus protocols
- is there a GNUSocial docker image?
- can WebFinger or OpenId be implemented on a static web site?
- various options for publishing avatar images
- Evan Podromo the creator of identi.ca, which became StatusNet, which has now been folded into GNUSocial
- he also started the pump.io service
- what is he working on at the moment? is company E14N
is still operating pump.io
- Bob showed off the poll type post in GNUSocial, had anyone defined a poll
microformat for IndieWeb?
- Bob was asking about whether there was any interested in setting up
a GnuSocial server for KWLUG
- what would we do with it, and how many of use would participate?
- would CCJClearLine be willing to host this, in
addition to the regular website?
- would one of the one-time cost CloudAtCost servers work for this?
- there are other clients which can communicate with GNUSocial 2 were